Launched in June 2019, this new route will take you away from the crowds and into the beauty of the north, winding it´s way along 800 km of coastline, through 22 villages and breathtaking landscapes.
For those seeking an authentic Icelandic experience, renting a car and heading up north is definitely the way to go this summer.
- 21 fishing villages from Hvammstangi to Bakkafjörður
- The northernmost point of Iceland and the only place to cross the Arctic Circle
- Perfect places to see the midnight sun and Northern Lights
- B0oat crossings to 6 islands
- Excellent places for whale, seal and bird watching
- Stunning coastal hikes and a wide selection of outdoor activities
- 18 geothermal pools
- Many music and culture festivals and much much more!