Nonni Travel, one of the oldest tour operators and travel agencies in Iceland, has joined the association of Cruise Iceland. With this step, Nonni Travel strengthens its strategy, efforts and presence in the North Atlantic cruise market.
Nonni Travel has been servicing cruise and expedition ships since 1996. Being located in Akureyri in the North of Iceland, the cruise & ship handling expert has a strong network all over Iceland as well as the Faroe Island and Greenland. Nonni Travel´s main focus is on small and medium size cruises and Research & Expedition ships. Rewarded for sustainability in the Arctic, Nonni Travel cares about finding a balance ships and passengers have on the economy and environment of our destinations.
“This is an exciting step for us” explains Ingi Þór Guðmundsson, owner and CEO of Nonni Travel. “We are managing cruise and expedition ships in the Arctic North since many years and we felt so ready to take this step forward by joining the official cruise association of Iceland. This is a great milestone for us which reflects our success of the past years within the cruise ship industry. We feel excited to be part of Cruise Iceland and are optimistic that this step will streamline and strengthen our presence and support us being an additional valuable partner for the cruise ship market.”
Nonni Travel offers the following services as a ship handling agent:
• Mediation of messages and information between ship, harbour and customs authorities
• Customs clearance and completion of other official documents pertaining to the ships visit
• General Port Handling & Payment of harbour and customs fees, to be reimbursed
• Supplying of the ship as necessary
• Assistance in obtaining spare parts, arranging repairs and change of crew
• Assistance with extraordinary occurrences (such as illness of passengers/crews or accidents)
• Assisting crew and passengers with travel services (e.g. accommodation, transport, activities)
In addition to that, Nonni Travel offers a wide selection of Day Tours for cruise ship passengers. If clients are looking for private tours Nonni Travel can organise exclusive guided excursions tailored to their preferences.
For more information, please visit www.nonnitravel.is or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org