Terms & Conditions
If any questions arise regarding the following terms and conditions, please, do not hesitate to contact us directly at email@example.com. We are here to help!
All communication regarding reservation of services, changes and cancellations shall be made in writing via e-mail. All quotations and contracts made by Nonni Travel are in writing and clearly state all services offered and their collective price. Service not specified are not included and must be paid for additionally, if requested.
Reservations must be sent to Nonni Travel in writing. Detailed information is required from the client, including: full names of participants, travel details such as date of arrival and departure, arrival time and flight number, date of birth, nationality, mobile phone number/e-mail address, number and type of rooms and other services requested. In the case of groups, a preliminary list of participants should be received from the client no later than 60 days before the first-day service is to be rendered and a final list of names no later than 35 days before the first-day service is to be rendered.
Nonni Travel accepts payments by Visa and MasterCard.
Unless otherwise agreed, Nonni Travel requires payment to be made as follows:
– A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total price of the reserved services to be paid upon receipt of an invoice.
– Covid-19 Policy for bookings cancelled before 1st of April 2022: Deposit payments will be refundable in 2022 in case of pandemic-related travel cancellations. A service fee of 10% applies to such refunds. Alternatively, you can change the date of your trip without any change fee. Please note, that price difference might apply depending on travel month and availability. For postponed trips the amount paid will held as deposit for new travel dates.
– Full payment must reach Nonni Travel 60 days before the first day service is to be rendered.
– For all bookings made within 60 days prior to arrival, full payment must be made at the time of the booking.
Validity of prices
All rates quoted or shown in our tariffs are based on current purchasing prices. Nonni Travel reserves the right to increase prices already quoted or published in our price lists without notice in the event of currency fluctuation, government taxes, or due to any other cost increases that are beyond our control. After an invoice has been issued the price is guaranteed against any surcharge, unless an increase is due to government laws or currency changes. In the case of currency changes, Nonni Travel will absorb an amount equivalent to 5% of the package price, but that in excess of 5% will be charged to the client. A client will be entitled to cancel his booking with a full refund if the surcharge exceeds 10% of the originally invoiced amount.
Discounts for children are subject to the nature of the services to be provided and the terms of Nonni Travel’s service partners.
Upon receipt of full payment from the client, Nonni Travel will issue service vouchers or tickets as relevant. The vouchers/tickets will be e-mailed to the client. It is the client’s responsibility to safeguard the vouchers/tickets and present these to the relevant service partners as payment for each service rendered.
Nonni Travel reserves the right to levy a charge for any change to a confirmed reservation, requested by the client. The charge is subject to Nonni Travel’s current tariff and the policy of Nonni Travel’s service partners.
Cancellations must be made in writing and clearly dated. Nonni Travel will make every effort to ensure the best protection for the client in case of cancellations. However, a late cancellation can result in compensation claims from hotels and other service partners. In conformity with business practices within the Icelandic Travel Industry, Nonni Travel is obliged to charge its clients a cancellation fee at a percentage of the full price, depending on the notice before the first day service is to be rendered, as follows:
Individuals – Notice of Cancellation made
– more than 61 days prior: 10% or non-refundable deposit*
– 60 days to 3 weeks (22 days) prior: 25%
– less than 3 weeks (21 days) prior: 50%
– less than 1 week (8 days): 75%
– less than 3 days (72 hours) prior: 100% (no refund)
Groups (10 or more) – Notice of Cancellation made
– more than 61 days prior: 25%
– less than 8 weeks (60 days) prior: 40%
– less than 6 weeks (42 days) prior: 50%
– less than 4 weeks (28 days) prior: 75%
– less than 2 weeks (14 days) prior: 100% (no refund)
When package includes flights (Greenland/International /Domestic in Iceland)
Special conditions apply for packages including domestic flights in Iceland or international flights between Iceland and Greenland /Faroe Islands.
Non-refundable deposit is required for all reservations on flights to/from Greenland at the time of booking. Changing fee applies if reservation of group or individuals within group is changed.
Following applies regarding cancellations :
– more than 61 days: Cancellation fee: 10% or non-refundable deposit*
– less than 8 weeks (60 days): Cancellation fee: 40% or non-refundable deposit*
– less than 6 weeks (42 days): Cancellation fee: 60%
– less than 4 weeks (28 days): Cancellation fee: 80%
– less than 2 weeks (14 days): Cancellation fee: 100%
Flight tickets are issued latest 6 weeks prior travel date. Cancellation conditions for domestic flights within Greenland are stricter with non-refundable airfares after confirmation. Cancellation fee will be charged for cancelling seats on refundable fares for helicopter flights. In case of modifications, change fees apply.
Due to more stringent cancellation rules of some of Nonni Travel’s service partners, which include airlines and hotels, refunds may, depending on the composition of the cancelled services, be lower than outlined above. If our suppliers’ cancellation conditions are stricter than Nonni Travel conditions above, then those conditions will apply and this will be stated in our documents. Cancellation by passengers within a group may either result in a price increase for the whole group and/or a cancellation fee being charged to the passengers who have cancelled.
Regarding tailor-made multi-day packages, Nonni Travel’s terms and conditions also apply to day tours and activities included in the said package.
*For cancellations made more than 60 days prior we will charge 10% of the total price as a service fee. In case of services that asked for a deposit, this is non-refundable.
Nonni Travel acts in good faith and disclaims responsibility for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness or schedule changes caused by weather or road conditions, force majeure such as natural catastrophes, strikes or any irregularities beyond the control of Nonni Travel. Nonni Travel cannot be held responsible for acts, defaults of, or delays caused by, any agent, guide, restaurant, hotel, coach operator, airline, or any persons or companies, however caused. In the case of any changes to flights (domestic and international), the passenger is responsible for any additional costs incurred as a result of such changes, (i.e. additional hotel nights, meals, transfers, etc.). All medical costs arising during tours must be paid by the client. Loss of or damage to luggage is at the client’s own risk.