2 Day Tour Northern Lights & Ice Cave Adventure
2 days packed with the best winter attractions along the South Coast of Iceland. An unforgettable getaway adventure.
- South Shore of Iceland – Black sand beaches and waterfalls
- Glacier walk & Crystal Ice Cave
- Glacier Lagoon and Diamond beach
- Small group and personalized service
Day 1 : Reykjavik – Glacier walk – Skaftafell
Early morning pick up by your guide and driver at your accommodation. We leave the capital heading east towards the picturesque south coast. The more east we get the more stunning the scenery becomes, numerous waterfalls that tumbles down from steep cliffs, giant glaciers and vast black deserts form sharp contrast. On the way we will stop for an exciting glacier walk with on the glacier Sólheimajökull or Svínafellsjökull. We arrive in Vatnajökull National park where we take a walk up to the beautiful waterfall Svartifoss enclosed by basalt columns before reaching our comfortable hotel in time for dinner (not included). In the evening we will be on the lookout for the magical lights of the winter sky, the Aurora Borealis, hoping they will make an appearance for us.
Day 2 : Icebergs and Ice Caves
After breakfast we continue further East to Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon filled with huge floating icebergs that have broken off from the glacier. After having admired this spectacle of ice and water we will have an adventurous trip into a one of the ice caves of Vatnajökull Europe’s largest glacier. In the afternoon we start our journey back to Reykjavik. On the way we take time to ramble along the black beach of Reynisfjara, being aware of the huge and powerful waves of the Atlantic Ocean, and to take a close look at the beautiful waterfalls Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss before returning to Reykjavik in late afternoon/early evening.
Group size: Maximum 16 people
Duration: 2 Days
Dates & prices
- Qualified English-speaking driver guide for 2 days
- Transportation in a minibus
- Accommodation at Fosshótel Glacier Lagoon a 4-star hotel including breakfast
- Glacier Walk with Ice Cave exploration
- Lunch, dinner
- Accommodation in Reykjavik
- Airport transfers
What do I need to bring:
- Boots and Clothing
- Light hiking boots
- Thermal underwear – Wool or synthetic
- Wind and waterproof jacket and pants
- Hiking pants
- Warm socks
- Warm hat
- Extra warm jacket / parka for cold days (winter)
- Other Gear
- Small backpack for clothes and items used during the day – 20L (1200 cu in)
- Sunglasses and sun protection (summer & spring)
- Water bottle
- Casual clothes / change of clothes
- Prescription medication and other personal health items
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap etc.
- Swim suit (depends on tour).
- Optional Gear
- Walking pole(s)
- Sun/rain Hat or a Cap
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card or films
- Due to unpredictable weather conditions during winter, the itinerary of this tour might be reversed or changed. Ice Cave visits and Glacier walks are sensitive to weather conditions and can be replaced with other activities if needed. While it is our goal to deliver the best tour experience possible, the safety of our passengers is always our priority.
Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and therefore can sightings not be guaranteed.