2 Day Tour the South Coast, Ice Cave & Glacier Lagoon
Journey to Iceland’s most famous attractions along the South Coast and Jökulsárlón, including an ice cave visit.
- Ice Cave
- Seljandsfoss waterfall
- Skogafoss waterfall
- Skaftafell – Vatnajokull national park
- Jokulsarlon ice lagoon & icebergs
- Diamond Beach
- Vik- a coastal village
- Reynisfjara – black sand beach & basalt columns
Day 1: experience the drive down route 1 that will lead us to the famous Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls. On a clear day, you will have the opportunity to see the two surrounding glaciers, Eyjafjallajökull and Myrdalsjokull. Next is coastal village of Vik where you will find Reynisfjara, the black sand beach.
As the day rolls by, we’ll head deeper into the countryside to our accommodation in Skaftafell, where we can enjoy a relaxing evening and recharge for the coming day. If the weather allows, we will top off our day witnessing Iceland´s quintessential natural phenomenon: the Northern Lights.
Day 2: we will have an early start and head towards Jokulsarlon Ice Lagoon and Diamond Beach.
Next we head to an Ice Cave where our certified guides will assure a safe and exciting experience. Ice Caves are only found during the wintertime when the glacial rivers retract and the water freezes.
Your safety is our priority and sometimes weather or road conditions mean that access to certain ice caves is unavailable and/or unsafe. Our main ice cave in the winter is the Crystal Ice Cave. However, at times when it’s inaccessible, we’ll visit an alternative ice cave. During the summer months (from April to October), we’ll visit the Ice Cave Under the Volcano. If it’s inaccessible, we’ll do a glacier hike instead.
Dates & prices
Departures: Daily departure
Price per person from: ISK 67.990
Single room supplement: ISK 6.000
- Pick up from Reykjavík accommodation
- Guided tour in a minibus
- Visit to all the famous attractions on the South Coast
- Ice cave or glacier hike
- One night in a hotel room with a private bathroom
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Drop off at accommodation in Reykjavik
Please note that no food is included on this tour, except breakfast on day 2
Good to know
- Minimum age of passengers is: 8
- Small group experience
- Cancellation policy
- A fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- A fee of 50% if booking is cancelled a month or less before the event
- A fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 6 months or less before the event