Tasiilaq is the largest town in East Greenland, with spectacular views of mountains and fjords with icebergs and glaciers. Tasiilaq lies just south of the Arctic Circle and boasts long hours of daylight in the summer and strong northern lights in the winter.
- Kulusuk island
- Mountains and fjords of Tasiilaq area
- Colourful town of Tasiilaq
- Inuit culture
Check in at Reykjavík domestic airport for the flight to Kulusuk. After arrival at Kulusuk airport, short helicopter flight to Tasiilaq and transfer to the hotel where you will stay both nights.
Free time in the afternoon gives you the opportunity to get to know the area or possibly join an optional tour.
There are several optional tours available (see below). If you would rather explore on your own, you can visit the museum in Tasiilaq, take a walk around the town, observing the colourful houses and the local people at their daily chores, or simply enjoy the view of icebergs floating in the fjord and the nature surrounding the town.
In the morning transfer to heliport in time to check in for the helicopter flight back to Kulusuk.
If flight schedule allows, you can use the time to take a walk to Kulusuk village (the walk takes approx. 40 min. each way), before departing on flight to Reykjavík Iceland. Arrival late afternoon or early evening.
Date and prices
– In March, May & September: Wednesdays
– In April: Wednesdays, Thursdays
– In June: Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays
– In July and August: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
Package price includes:
- Flights Reykjavík-Kulusuk-Reykjavík
- Airport taxes
- Helicopter flight Kulusuk-Tasiilaq-Kulusuk
- 2 nights accommodation in double room, with full board (starting with evening meal on day 1).
Good to know
Depending on weather and ice conditions there are possibilities for optional tours which are not included in the package price, but can be booked.
Here are some of the options possible during summer months:
* Hiking in the Valley of the Flowers (1-2 hrs.)
* Evening Boat Cruise (1½ hour).
* Iceberg Cruise (2 hrs).
* Ikateq village boat tour (about 5 hrs incl. simple meal on board).
* Mittivakkat glacier helicopter tour (Flight 20 min., ground stop 20 min.).
* Helicopter tour to the glacier of Johann Petersen fjord (flight 40 min., ground stop 15 min.)
* Helicopter to the Heilheim glacier (flight approx 65 min., ground stop 20 min.).
During winter/spring months it is possible to do:
– one of the helicopter tours.
– 1-hour snowmobile ride.
– 3-hour dogsled tour to Sarfagajik.
* Helicopter between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq does not operate on Sundays.
Need more information? Contact our team at nonni(at)nonnitravel.is for more off-season options and prices.