4 Day Tour Classic Faroe Islands
A guided tour to some of the most stunning highlights in the Faroe Islands, offering local insights and historical perspectives. For those who want ease of mind to enjoy and explore, this is the perfect tour.
- Vestmanna bird cliffs
- Northern islands
- Múlafossur waterfall in Gásadalur
Wednesday: Northern Islands – Six islands in one day ( 10,5 Hours )
A wholeday tour up North, were we will visit the six islands Streymoy, Eysturoy, Borðoy, Kunoy, Kalsoy & Viðoy. This tour includes a lot of driving, visiting many villages such as Klaksvík, Mikladalur, Trøllanes, Viðareiði and many more. From klaksvík there is a 20 min. sail to Kalsoy, were you will get the opportunity to see the Faroe Islands from the sea.
Thursday: Suðuroy ( 10,5 Hours )
We depart from Tórshavn early, catch the Smyril ferry and sail for two hours to the southernmost island in the Faroes, Suðuroy. We will sail past Dímun, Litli Dímun og Sandoy along the way. Upon arrival we will drive to the village of Tvøroyri where we will see some rare rock formations. Our next stop is Hvalba, which is considered one of the most beautiful villages of the Faroe Islands. We head to the northern part of the island to visit Sandvík and then south again to the villages, Fámjin, Vagur and Lobra, all the way to the southernmost village of Sumba. On our way back to the ferry, we will pass the villages of Porkeri and Hov. We return to Tórshavn in the evening, driving you back to your hotel or a designated drop off location.
Friday: Vestmanna Bird Cliffs ( 6,5 Hours )
A trip to the amazing bird cliffs of Vestmanna. We depart Tórshavn heading to Kollfjarðadal and the villages Leynar, Stykki and Kvívík, before arriving at the village of Vestmanna. From there we will take a 2 hour boat tour to the bird cliffs, sailing alongside the vertical rock walls and getting glimpse into the world of the sea birds. Back on shore we will visit a local shop and then head back to Tórshavn, with a short stop at Kvívík to see some historical residential remains.
Saturday: Photography Tour ( 7 Hours )
A wholeday tour dedicated to getting those perfect shots! We will photo ops at Nordadalsskarð and Sornfelli and then head to Skæling for a good photo stop as well. At Sandavágur we will see some historical remains and visit Leitisvatn where we´ll see the “Nykur” statue, a mythical Faroese figure. Afterwards, we´ll go to the tiny village of Bøur, which has some of the most amazing views a village could possibly have, of Tindholmur and Drangarnir. Finally we will visit Gásadalur and Múlafoss, undoubtedly the best known landmark and waterfall in the Faroe Islands. After getting that last, perfect shot, we head back to Tórshavn.
Departures every Wednesday, June – August
- Local guide for 4 days
- All transportation as per itinerary and hotel pick up and drop off if needed
- Packed lunches and beverages
- All admission tickets
- All taxes and fees
- Accommodation in Torshavn
- Airport transfers
- International airfare
What to bring:
- Good walking shoes
- Warm. waterproof clothing
Good to know:
- Infants must sit on your lap
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Subject to favorable weather conditions, Itinerary may change due to the weather.