4 Day Tour Faroe Islands Highlights
Enjoy the wonders of the Faroe islands on this 4 day package tour around the islands, while an experienced tour guide guides you through the island’s landscape, wild life and history.
- Gjógv village
- Mykines island
- Vestmanna bird cliffs
Monday – Golden Circle ( Saksun, Tjørnvík & Gjógv ) ( 8 hrs )
The journey takes you to the Northern Eysturoy and Streymoy were you will visit the three villages Saksun, Tjørnuvík and Gjógv. On the mountian road to these villages you will also see some beautiful sights like the biggest waterfall in the Faroe Isands, “Fossá” and the two rocks that stand tall in the ocean, ” Risin og Kellingin” – The witch and the Giant. There are many tales surrounding these two “lovers”, which the guide will happily beguile you with.
Tuesday: Mykines “The Puffin Island” ( 10 Hours )
A wholeday trip to the Ramsar island, Mykines, were we will drive from Tórshavn to the village Sørvágur and from there sail with a ferry for 40 min. to the islands of Mykines. Arriving in Mykines, a local greets you and invited you to his house were he has prepared a packed lunch. When everyone is ready, the journey begins towards the lighthouse which is situated on the islet Mykineshólmur. The hike itself to the islet, is probably the best hiking you can do in the Faroes. With thousands of puffins, kittiwakes, gannets and a few guillemots surround you in the air while you walk along the beautiful path. Near the lighthouse we eat the packed lunch on the westernmost point of the Faroes. On the hike back, we’ll take another route, and from there you will get up close to the gannets, which are the biggest birds in the Faroes.
Wednesday: Northern Islands – Six islands in one day ( 11,5 Hours )
A wholeday tour up North, were we will visit the six islands Streymoy, Eysturoy, Borðoy, Kunoy, Kalsoy and Viðoy. This tour includes a lot of sightseeing on the bus, visiting villages such as Klaksvík, Mikladalur, Trøllanes, Viðareiði and many more. From Klaksvík there is a 20 min. ferry ride to the island of Kalsoy. Here you will get the opportunity to experience the Faroe Islands from the water.
Thursday: Suðuroy ( 11,5 Hours )
We depart from Tórshavn early, catch the Smyril ferry and sail for two hours to the southernmost island in the Faroes, Suðuroy. We will sail past Dímun, Litli Dímun og Sandoy along the way. Upon arrival we will drive to the village of Tvøroyri where we will see some rare rock formations. Our next stop is Hvalba, which is considered one of the most beautiful villages of the Faroe Islands. We head to the northern part of the island to visit Sandvík and then south again to the villages, Fámjin, Vagur and Lobra, all the way to the southernmost village of Sumba. On our way back to the ferry, we will pass the villages of Porkeri and Hov. We return to Tórshavn in the evening, driving you back to your hotel or a designated drop off location.
Dates & prices
Departures on Mondays, June – August
- Local guide for 4 days
- All transportation as per itinerary and hotel pick up and drop off if needed
- Packed lunches and beverages
- All admission tickets
- Ferry to Mykines
- All taxes and fees
- Accommodation in Torshavn
- Airport transfers
- International airfare
Good to know:
- Infants must sit on your lap
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Subject to favorable weather conditions, Itinerary may change due to the weather.
- This package does not include accommodation or airfare. If you are looking for an option with accommodation and airfare (from Iceland), please see here.