8 Day Circumnavigation of Iceland
Experience Iceland in high season, where nature displays its best splendour with bright nights and a vibrant birdlife. You will not want to go to sleep during this trip, as landscapes change constantly, and you want to keep to keep a lookout in search of the whales. On board Ocean Atlantic you will reach areas of Iceland not otherwise accessible. In selected locations, we will utilise our Zodiac fleets to explore the area further. From lowlands to glacier ice, we’ll see the entire coast of Iceland with unforgettable experiences both on the mainland and on the many islands where seals and puffin seabirds gather.
Along the way, we’ll visit national parks and cosy little towns, stand on the polar circle, enter the black lava sand and learn about the Icelandic sagas, an intrinsic part of the Icelander’s identity.
- The beauty of the Westman Islands
- Exploring unique flora and fauna
- Zodiac trips to otherwise inaccessible areas
- Lectures by renown expedition speakers
- A possibility of encountering whales on our journey
- Crossing the Arctic Circle near Grimsey
Day 1 Reykjavik
Day 2 Vestmannaeyjar (Westman Islands), Surtsey – and UNESCO-natural heritage, Heimaey
Day 3 Papey and the puffin colony on Hafnarhólmi in Borgarfjörður (optional excursion)
Day 4 Whales at Husavik and the Arctic Circle at Grimsey
Day 5 Akureyri, Lake Mývatn (optional excursion) and Siglufjördur.
Day 6 Isafjórdur, the capital of the
Westfjords and beautiful Vigur
Day 7 Bird cliffs of Látrabjarg – Iceland’s most western point, Flatey and Snaefellsnes
Day 8 Disembarkation Reykjavík.
Dates & prices
Departure: July 31 2019
- 7-night cruise in a shared outside double suite with private bathroom/ toilet
- English-speaking guides
- Zodiac excursions and most tours on land
- Near-port town walks with the expedition team
- Information briefings and lectures by the expedition team
- Full board on the ship
- Free coffee, tea and afternoon snacks on the ship
- Taxes and tariffs
Available room categories:
Category D: (Deck 4) Size 11-12 m2. Featuring a double bed or two single beds, private bathroom, and a porthole. Located on the Columbus Deck.
Category F: (Deck 5) Size 18-21 m2. Large Inside Triple Cabin, featuring a double or two single beds, and a fold-out single bed, a relaxing sitting area, and a bathroom with a bathtub. Located on Marco Polo Deck.
Prices per person:
Category D: 462500 ISK
– Singles supplement: 231250 ISK
Category F: 325000 ISK
Good to know
- Day 3 Bus tour to the cliffs of Hafnaholmi
- Day 5 Bus excursion to Lake Myvatn and Godafoss Waterfall
- A bright, spacious restaurant providing 4-star international cuisine
- Two well-stocked, professionally staffed bars
- Comfortable lounge area
- An onboard hospital run by a licensed doctor
- Gym & Wellness Facilities
- Lecture Theatres
- Sauna & Swimming Pool (Closed during rough sea and weather)
- Laundry service