8 Day Tour Winter in Ittoqqortoormiit Greenland
Ittoqqortoormiit village in Greenland will give you an opportunity to observe life in an Inuit village in winter where hunting is still essential to the existence of this small community. A stay in Ittoqqortoormiit village will give an opportunity to participate in different winter activities like dogsledding and see outstanding Northern Lights.
- Ittoqqortoormiit village
- The Inuit way of life
- Helicopter transfers
- Northern Lights
- Cross country skiing
Date and price：
Departures: January – April
– January – 12 March: Tuesdays and Thursdays;
– 17 March – 7 May: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Price per person from: EUR 2.295 ，Single supplement: EUR 365
– Also possibility for a shorter stay, depending on flight schedules – contact us for availability
6 days /5 nights: EUR 2.200
3 days /2 nights: EUR 1.830
Single supplement (per night): EUR 55
– Flights Reykjavík-Akureyri-Constable Point (CNP)-Reykjavik /via Akureyri
– Helicopter flight CNP-Ittoqqortoormiit-CNP
– Airport taxes
– Accommodation in Ittoqqortoormiit, in a double/twin room, shared facilities, self-catering
Day 1: Arrival
Take the morning flight from Reykjavik to Akureyri where the passengers for Greenland need to change to a smaller aircraft (Twin Otter or King Air B200) to continue to Greenland. After arrival in Constable Point (Nerlerit Inaat) there is another exciting trip waiting: a 15-minute helicopter flight to Ittoqqortoormiit village. Upon arrival in the village, a representative of the guesthouse will meet you and take you to your accommodation.
Day 2 – 7: Ittoqqortoormiit
Free time in Ittoqqortoormiit. During your stay, you have the possibility to visit the museum, have a look at the church, handicrafts workshop or take a walk through the village observing the local people at their daily routine. There is also a possibility of various optional activities (not included).
Options in winter time:
* dog sledge tour to Kap Hope or Kap Tobin
* dog sledge tour to the ice-edge where the hunters stay during seal hunting.
* two-day dogsledge tour to Kap Hoegh, Liverpool Land
* Cross-country skiing to the village of Kap Tobin (ca. 7 km each way acorss the frozen fjord).
* Various options for short sightseeing excursions by snowmobile
Day 8: Departure day
Time to get ready for departure. Helicopter ride with fascinating views of mountains and glaciers of Liverpool Land and the Hurry fjord as you return to Nerlerit Inaat airport. Flight back to Iceland, arriving in Akureyri in the afternoon and connecting flight to Reykjavik, arriving in early evening hours.
Good to know
You will need to arrive in Iceland the day before your flight to Greenland and stay overnight in Reykjavik also after the tour. Accommodation for these two nights before/after Greenland in Iceland is not included in the package but can easily be added to the package, either in Reykjavik or Akureyri.
It is possible to arrange dog sledge transfer from/to Constable Point instead of a helicopter.
For optional tours and purchases, please contact Nonni Travel at email email@example.com.
Cash withdrawal with credit cards is available at the local post office.
Polar Bears are not strangers to this part of the world. When you decide to go off on your own, please let someone know about your programme, and at all times carry signal flares when walking alone. They can be purchased at the local store.