Day Tour – Arctic Coast Way & Siglufjörður
The Arctic Coast Way tour take you along some of the picturesque coastlines you ever see, with beautiful sea cliffs and small old fishing villages.
- Siglufjörður fjord and village
- Fishing villages of Eyjafjörður
- Arctic coast way and black sand beach
- Mountains of Tröllaskagi Peninsula
- Beer Tasting
Discover the colourful life of the Arctic Coast Way on this small group tour. We journey along the west side of Eyjafjörður on Tröllaskagi (The Troll Peninsula), experiencing the raw beauty of the surrounding mountains, fjords and coastline. We take you off the beaten path to visit local fishing villages providing an authentic experience of coastal life in Northern Iceland. We visit the small herring village of Hjalteyri taking in the sites and local tales. We then move on to the fishing port of Dalvik for some great photo opportunities. We take the tunnel which in early 1990s replaced the dangerous mountain road to the next fjord where we head down to the black sand beach in Ólafsfjörður village. Then it is onwards to the picturesque town of Siglufjörður, the filming location of the popular TV series ‘Trapped’. Returning to Akureyri we make a stop at Kaldi microbrewery where you will have the opportunity to observe the production as well as try out their specialty beers.
Dates & prices
Tour duration: 5 hours, Monday – Friday, All Year.
Price per person from: ISK 29.900
Child (3-12 yrs) : ISK 19.900
- Fully guided tour
- Beer Tasting
Good to know
- Tour starts at 12:00 noon, minimum 2persons per booking
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary or have longer journey time.
- We recommend you bring warm clothing, a water bottle and don´t forget a camera!