An easy glacier walk on Svínafellsjökull glacier tongue in Skaftafell National Park.
- Glacier experience
- Walk on the outlet of Europe’s largest glacier
- Stunning views of the surrounding area
Your adventure starts off with meeting your certified and experienced glacier guide in Skaftafell. Your guide will instruct you on how to use the basic and required glacier equipment that we provide, like crampons and an ice axe. Once you step onto the ice field it will feel as if you have been transported to an icy, foreign planet. As you walk through a wonderland of glacial ice sculptures, ice ridges and deep crevasses on the glacier, you will witness stunning scenery as far as the eye can see. Don’t miss the opportunity to see this glacial wonderland in person.
Dates & prices
Daily departures from Skaftafell, all year. Please see the booking engine for departure times on your preferred date.
Duration: 1,5 – 2 hours
Price per person: ISK. 12.900
Children (8 – 15 YRS): ISK 9.500
Minimum age: 8 years
- Experienced and qualified glacier guide
- Glacier gear
- Safety equipment
- Rain gear (jacket and/or pants)
- Hiking boots
What do I need to bring?
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good hiking shoes are recommended.