Day Tour Dog Sledding on Snow in Myvatn
Take a ride on a wooden sled pulled by Siberian Huskies and visit their kennel and cuddle with the dogs as well!
- Dog sledding on snow
- Visit the Siberian Huskies in their kennel
- Beautiful surroundings
- Family friendly
Dog sledding tour on snow and a visit to our unchained Siberian Husky Kennel at the farm Heiði in the Lake Mývatn area.
Two guests and a Musher share a wooden sled with 8-10 Siberian Huskies pulling you on a scenic trail of 6 – 10 km, taking approximately 45-70 minutes with picture stops.
Your Musher will explain to you the basics in dog sledding and how to work with these amazing dogs. You also have the opportunity to help mush the sled with one of our guides if you want to try it.
After the tour there is plenty of time to come inside the kennel to meet, cuddle and take pictures with the dogs.
Tour operated on snow and or ice.
Dates & prices
Daily departures, from 20. November to 30. April
Duration: 2,5 hours with the kennel visit
Price per person: ISK 30.000
Children (2 – 12 YRS): ISK 10.000
- Dog sledding tour
- Kennel visit
- Warm overalls, hat and gloves if needed.
What do I need to bring?
- Dress well in winter, warm shoes, sunglasses, sunblock
- If you are more then 100 kg. you have to let us know in advance so we can make necessary arrangements.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- If there is lack of snow we will move the tour to higher grounds if possible. We will inform our guest where the new location is the day before departure. If we need to cancel our tours we refund them 100%.
- Note that sometimes the dogs get very loud when we are about to leave for the Dog sled ride, they just want to run and have fun!