Day Tour Faroe Islands Viking Tour
This full day, guided tour of Sandoy and Kirkjubøur provides ample opportunity to enjoy beautiful nature, rich birdlife and the history of the Faroe Islands. We will visit all the old Viking era sites and even see some sea mines from World War II. Upon returning from Sandoy, we will visit one of the most historic villages on the island, Kirkjubøur, where the Pæturson family has lived for 17 generations in a house dating all the way back to the viking era!
- Faroese viking history
Pick ups – 8.30am to 9am.
Depart from Tórshavn
Drive along a scenic mountain road, where you will see the islands of Sandoy, Hestoy and Koltur.
Depart on the ferry to the island of Sandoy.
Arrive at the island of Sandoy, in the village of Skopun.
See the old village church and some of the oldest historical remains in the Faroe islands as well as the scars left behind by World War II.
Arrive in the beautiful village of Dalur to take some photographs.
Arrive in the village of Skarvanes, to eat our packed lunch and enjoy the breathtaking views of the islands of Skúvoy and Stora Dimun.
Depart for the village of Søltuvik, where your guide will tell you all about the history of the village.
Depart from Søltuvik, with several photo stops along the way.
Depart on the ferry, back to the mainland.
Drive to the village of Kirkjubøur, were the oldest residential house and the oldest stone church in the Faroe Islands are situated.
Return to the capital Tórshavn.
Departures and prices
Every Thursday from October to April
Duration: 6 hours
Price per person:
Adults from: DKK 1.395
Children (0 – 12 YRS): DKK 697
Included in the price:
- Entry or admission fee
- Food & drinks
- All transportation and guidance in English
What do I need to bring?
- Good walking shoes
- Warm, Waterproof clothes
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately