Day Tour Glacier Walk in South Iceland from Reykjavik
The most popular tour in the book! On this Iceland day tour you will be guided through the labyrinth of a glacier tongue extending down from the fourth biggest glacier in Iceland.
- Sólheimajökull glacier views
- Safe and easy glacier walk
- family friendly adventure
Only two hours from Reykjavík you find the Eyjafjallajokull massif, and just a little further east the Solheimajokull glacier, a tongue extends down from its mother glacier, Myrdalsjokull, Iceland’s fourth largest. On this tour you will go on a safe and easy walk on crampons up onto the ice field where you will discover a wonderland of ice sculptures, ridges and deep crevasses, and learn about the glacier and the effect of the Eyjafjallajokull eruption in 2010 on the glacier and its surroundings. Our experienced mountain guides will teach you how to use the basic ice equipment necessary for this tour. On the way back there’s a stop at the picturesque waterfalls of Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss. An Iceland glacier walk is a great way to experience nature and a tour on the Sólheimajökull glacier is an ideal way to spend the day! This is a great, family-friendly, way to experience the Icelandic glaciers.
Dates & prices
All year, daily at 09:00.
Please note that pick starts 30 minutes prior to departure
Duration: 10 hours
Price per person: From ISK. 18.900
Youth (10-15 YRS): From ISK 10.900
- Transportation between Reykjavik and Solheimajökull
- Guiding services
- Glacier gear
- Safety equipment
What do I need to bring?
- Warm clothing
- Rain gear
- Hiking boots
- Boots and rain gear can be rented on location (1.000 ISK per item)
- This tour starts and ends in Reykjavik. If you have a rental car, you can go the base camp at Solheimajökull yourself and start the tour from there. Please see here