Day Tour Golden Circle & Blue Lagoon
Combine two of Icelands most popular tours in one day!
- Thingvellir National Park
- Geysir Geothermal area
- Gullfoss Waterfall
- Admission to the Blue Lagoon
This is the perfect combination of the most popular day tour in Iceland with the healing waters of the Blue Lagoon, taking you to see separation of Europe and North America, geysers and hot springs, and the magnificent golden waterfall. The day starts with visit to the Thingvellir valley a place of amazing natural beauty where the land has been torn apart by the separation of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. This UNESCO World Heritage site is home to the largest fresh water lake in Iceland and is the beating heart of Icelandic pride, being the birthplace for the longest standing parliament on the world.
The journey then continues to the Geysir park which is filled with bubbling and steaming geothermal springs. The anticipation builds as you approach the viewing point for the Strokkur Geyser, where the ground trembles and almost without warning, the geyser erupts spectacularly to a heights of 35 meters. Then you continue to the magnificent and majestic Golden Waterfall. As water melts from the second largest glacier in Iceland, Langjökull, it reaches Gullfoss where it falls 32 meters down into a canyon with a thunderous roar. An amazing site and favourite of visitors.
You then head back to the capital area to prepare for a visit at one the wonders of the world, the Blue Lagoon. The mineral rich waters offer a unique and first-hand experience of Iceland’s plentiful geothermal springs. The warm waters offer a perfect way to relax and reflect upon the natural beauty of this island and is a must see when traveling to Iceland. Note that after returning to Reykjavik from the Golden Circle, there will be a 30min break before heading to the Blue Lagoon.
For an unforgettable experience, join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS synced Audio Guide, available with a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
Dates & prices
Daily, all year
Duration: 13 hours
Price per person from: ISK. 24.480
Children (0 – 11 YRS): Free
- Admission to the Blue lagoon and round trip transfers
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- Silica mud mask
- Use of towel
- 1st drink of your choice in the blue lagoon
What do I need to bring?
- For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- For the Blue Lagoon: Bring a swimsuit.
- Accessible for those with limited mobility
- Infant seats available