Day Tour Golden Circle & Fontana Wellness
Combine the classic Golden Circle tour with a relaxing visit to Fontana’s natural steam baths and pools!
- Thingvellir National Park
- Geysir Geothermal area
- Gullfoss waterfall
- Geothermal steam baths
This amazing day tour takes you around the Golden Circle to see three of Iceland’s highlights Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir geothermal area and Thingvellir National Park, before heading to Fontana’s natural steam baths. The original sauna was built in the 1920s and was little more than a shack with two compartments, built above the hot spring that bubbles and gurgles below the ground. Today, a modern complex welcomes you to relax with various hot tubs and steam baths naturally heated by Icelandic hot springs. Before returning to Reykjavik, you will be offered some typical Icelandic rye bread which is slow-baked in the natural hot springs. Tour duration: 09:00 – 18:00
Dates & prices
Daily departures, all year.
Duration: 9 hours
Price per person: ISK 12.900
Youth (12 – 15 YRS): ISK 6.450
Children (0 – 11 YRS): Free
- Bus fare
- Professional local guidance
- Free Wi-Fi
- A taste of rye bread.
- Admission to the Laugarvatn Fontana (including use of Sóley Organics shower gel, shampoo and conditioner)
What do I need to bring?
- Remember to bring a swimsuit and a towel. These items can also be rented on the spot.
- Remember to dress according to weather
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket, and sturdy shoes are recommended
- We recommend bringing thermal layers, a winter hat, scarf, gloves, and wearing warm socks for colder days
- This is a full day guided tour in English. If you have your own car and want only to book admission to Fontana, please see here.