Day Tour Golden Circle & Black Beach ATV
Explore the Golden Circle and then drive an ATV on the black beaches of Iceland.
- Perfect Combo
- Must-see attractions
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! Follow in the footsteps of the vikings of old as you walk down into the rift valley where the American and Eurasian continental plates are literally pulling apart at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament. Witness the steaming geothermal springs as the ground trembles and hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser at home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland’s most iconic natural attraction. Experience the magnificence and power of Gullfoss Waterfall, a set of glacial river cascades falling 32 meters into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
After seeing the must-see attractions on the Golden Circle we drive the tour up a notch and get behind the wheel of an ATV (Quad bike) for an unforgettable ride along Iceland’s South Coast. Follow your guide along black sand beaches and admire the dramatic volcanic landscapes.
You will begin by riding along an inland route that will eventually lead you onto the beach. Your guide will carefully explain the history and geology of this natural place. This one hour tour is filled with adrenaline and incredible views for a short but sweet quad adventure.
Open every day, all year.
Duration: 10 hours
Price per person: 2 persons share one ATV
Standard rate: ISK 25.390
Children (6 – 16 YRS): ISK 12,695
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- All necessary equipment for ATV (helmet, gloves, warm overalls)
What do I need to bring?
- Food & drinks
- All special clothing and all the equipment needed for the trip is provided so you can enjoy a safe and comfortable ride. No special skills nor former ATV experience is required
- You need a valid driver’s license to drive a ATV
- You will be sharing an ATV with someone, however, there is an extra cost if you would like to be a single rider.
- Pick-up and Drop-off at hotel can be booked as an extra service with our SmartBus™ service. Otherwise you are advised to be at our Reykjavik Terminal 15 minutes before the tour departure time.