Golden Circle Classic – Audio Guided in 10 languages
A classic best-seller that takes you to some of Iceland’s most spectacular natural attractions. This tour offers you the opportunity to visit Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss waterfall and Þingvellir National Park while having the choice of being expertly guided in over 10 different languages!
- Geysir Hot Springs area
- Þingvellir National Park
- Gullfoss – “The Golden Waterfall”
- 10 different languages available!
The tour departs from Reykjavik Terminal (Skógarhlíð 10) and will take you on a 45-60 minute drive to the first stop of the day, Þingvellir National Park. You will be riding in a new bus and in every seat there is a Wifi connected computer tablet. Using the GPS Sensitive In Bus Audio Guide on the tablet, you can choose your preferred language to get all the information you need about the places you will visit on the tour as well as interesting facts about Iceland.
The tour starts with a stop in Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site listing and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament in the world. This is also where the gigantic tectonic plates of America and Eurasia have pulled apart and the resulting rift valley is right there before your eyes on the shores of Iceland’s biggest lake.
The next stop is at Geysir Hot Springs, the home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland’s most iconic natural attraction. Here the ground trembles and steaming hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser every few minutes.
Now for a leisurely walk down to Gullfoss Waterfall, which is an awesome sight to behold. Here a powerful glacial river cascades down 32 meters on two levels and into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
Dates & prices
Departures: Daily, all year
Tour duration: 7,5 hrs.
Price per person: ISK 11.900
Teenagers 12 – 15 years: ISK 5.995
Children 0 – 11 years: Free
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-fi and usb charger for each seat
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
Good to know
- In-Bus-Audio-Guide: We recommend that you bring your own headphones, simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones, with you or forgot to bring them, no worries we sell earphones on board.
- Duration: Approx. 7,5 hours including a minimum 45 minute stop at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park. In Geysir & Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks.
Total distance covered during tour: 290 km
- Tours depart from the Reykjavik Terminal located at Skógarhlíð 10. Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure along with a printed or digital copy of your ticket/voucher.
- If you have booked a hotel pickup with Smartbus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.