Golden Circle Classic
If you only had one day in Iceland, this is the tour you wouldn’t want to miss. It offers stunning natural beauty, history, waterfalls, heritage, geothermal energy and last not but not least, a small and cozy experience as this tour never has more than 18 people together in a mini-van.
- Gullfoss – “The Golden Waterfall”
- Geysir geothermal area
- Þingvellir national park
Pick up from your accommodation starts at 09:00.
We start the tour by driving to Iceland’s first national park, the Thingvellir National Park. This is the birthplace of a nation as well as of the first Icelandic democracy when the Viking chieftains decided to establish their first parliament (Althingi) or general assembly in 930 AD. Many events took place in the area, including the introduction of Christianity in the year 1000 AD, the declaration of independence from the Danish Kings on June 17, 1944.
Dates & prices
Departures: Daily, all year
Tour duration: 8 hrs.
Price per person: ISK 11.500
* Pick up & drop off in Reykjavik
* English speaking driver guide
* Comfortable minibus
Good to know
- Small groups, personal service
- In central Reykjavik, it is prohibited to drive buses. Here is the link to map of the restricted zone with bus stops where you should wait for pick up if your hotel is within the restricted area.