Day Tour Golden Circle & Magical Northern Lights
One of the most complete day tours from Reykjavík, this tour takes you to the Golden Circle, visits local farms for some traditional tastes, visits a geothermal spa and offers the chance to see the Northern Lights!
- The Golden Circle
- Taste of Icelandic food
- Icelandic farms
- Geothermal steam baths
- Northern Lights hunt
This is a tour that combines the famous Golden Circle with visits to local farms and restaurants for delicious tastes made with pure Icelandic ingredients. Heading out of Reykjavík, we set our course through Þingvellir National Park to the local greenhouse, Friðheimar. There we get a taste of their famous tomato soup. Next we visit the magnificent Gullfoss waterfall and the great Geyser geothermal area where the reliable Strokkur geyser spouts hot water up as high as 15 – 30 m. After enjoying these jewels of Icelandic nature, it is time to turn our attention back to the taste buds with a visit to the farm Efstidalur. There we get a few samples of their local products such as skyr and delicious ice cream. Now it´s time for some relaxation at the geothermal spa Fontana, or a stroll around the beautiful Lake Laugarvatn. Guests on this tour get a special price for the entrance to Fontana at 3000 ISK (regular price 3800 ISK). The final culinary experience of the day is a two-course dinner at the local restaurant Lindin. After the nice meal we head out to explore the mysterious nights of Iceland and search for the Northern Lights. If the Aurora Borealis don’t appear that night, you have the option of re-booking a Northern Lights bus tour the following evening.
Dates & prices
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, October – March
Duration: 11 hours
Price per person: ISK 36.900
Children (10 – 15 YRS): ISK 24.900
- Access fee to Þingvellir National Park
- Guiding services
- Local tastes of Friðheimar and Efstidalur
- Two course dinner with today’s special and chocolate mousse dessert at Lindin Restaurant.
- Chance to re-book a Northern Lights tour (for free)
- Hiking boots (highly recommended!)
- Fontana Spa entrance (available as an optional extra for 3.000 ISK)
What do I need to bring:
- Good to bring a swimsuit and a towel. These items can also be rented on the spot.
- Remember to dress according to weather
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket, and sturdy shoes are recommended
- We recommend bringing thermal layers, a winter hat, scarf, gloves, and wearing warm socks for colder days
- The Northern Lights are a naturally occurring phenomenon that no-one can control. Seeing them is always dependent on weather conditions and Northern Lights activity on any given date, but also some planning! You can see the aurora forecast every day here.