Day Tour Grímsey Guided Summer Tour
Grímsey island is often called the Gem of the north, a blue cliff rising up from the ocean some 40 km north off the coast of Iceland. This guided tour takes you north of the arctic circle and gives you a glimpse of how people live on the northernmost island of Iceland.
- Ferry crossing to Grímsey island
- Bird watching
- The arctic circle
The Grimsey Summer Day Tour is a day tour from Dalvik harbor (30 min drive from Akureyri) where you’ll take the ferry Sæfari
to Grimsey Island where you’ll meet the guides at Arctic Trip. The boat ride is an excitement in itself, very often dolphins, humpback whales
and even blue whales are spotted and even swim with the boat. The climate can be different from what you can expect on the mainland.
You’ll get to know the history of Grimsey village and its inhabitants, cross the Arctic Circle and if weather and conditions allow, see the
Orbis et Globus monument that is placed on the island. Light refreshments are included.
Dates & prices
Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun, June – August.
Duration: 3 hours
Price per person: 26.900
Youth (12 – 15 YRS): 14.500
Children (0 – 11): Free
- Return ferry transfer between Dalvík and Grímsey
- A guided tour in Grímsey Island with a local guide
- Cross the arctic circle and get a unique certificate
- Light refreshments
What do I need to bring?
- Good shoes, a warm sweater, a hat/beanie, a camera, your good mood
- At around 10. August the Puffins will migrate south (and the Arctic Terns in September) so there will be no puffins on the island. In September to May we will focus on the stories of the islanders and see how they prepare for and survive the harsh winter elements so far in the north. Please see the winter version of this tour here.