Glacier kayaking is the ultimate way to experience the magnificence of the world famous Vatnajökull National Park
- Heinabergslón Glacier Lagoon
- Europe’s largest ice cap – Vatnajökull glacier
- Environmentally friendly exploration
Join us on an unforgettable trip and enjoy unbeatable panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and glaciers and their reflection in the mirror-like water of the Heinaberg Lagoon. From the lagoon you will have an excellent view over Vatnajokull and on the tour we go for a short introductory glacier walk – safely equipped with the appropriate glacier gear. Heinabergslón is “off the beaten path”, so there is no other traffic on the water. This is the tour for those who want to be environmentally friendly while exploring nature.
The trip is fully guided by guides with a vast knowledge of the area, its history, hidden spots – and of course kayaking. The Glacier Kayak Adventure suits people with no paddling experience to experienced paddlers. Our Kayaks are SIT-ON-TOP boats, very stable and should be suitable for first time kayakers as well.
Dates & prices
Daily, May – September
Duration: 3 hours
Price per person: ISK 15.900
Children (14 – 16 YRS): ISK 8.900
- Guided tour
- safety vest
- kayak paddle
- transportation – a 15 min drive from our base camp to Heinabergslón glacier lagoon.
What do I need to bring?
- Warm clothing to wear under the dry-suit that we provide
- Warm socks.
- Sunglasses on sunny days.
Good to know:
- Minimum age is 14 years.
- You can choose between single person kayak or two person kayak, children age 14-16 always ride with adult person age 17+ in two person kayak.
- If you are by yourself, please book the single kayak rate