Day Tour Into a Glacier – Classic Tour (from Husafell)
This tour gives you the opportunity of a life time: to walk inside the glacier and explore the ice world of Iceland’s second largest glacier. A 3-5 hours from Húsafell during winter. Your Into The Glacier Adventure is truly a unique experience.
- Langjökull Glacier
- Drive in a specially modified glacier truck
- Walk inside the ice world
The tour gives you the opportunity of a lifetime to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wilderness; Iceland’s second largest glacier – from the inside! The Langjökull ice tunnels offers a chance to touch the beautiful blue ice at the heart of the icecap glacier.
To get to the ice tunnel, you will be driven in a specially modified snow truck on the glacier, explore the glacier environment, enjoy a view out of this world and go INTO the glacier to experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside!
An experienced guide will lead the way the whole time to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves to the fullest.
It´s time to take ice cap glacier exploration to a whole new level. Dive in. Welcome on board the Glacier Adventure!
Dates & prices
Departures: All year, daily
Tour duration: 4 hours
Price per person: ISK 20.900
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjokull glacier. Departure from Husafell information center by the glacier’s edge
- Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels
- English speaking driver / guide / audio guidance
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles
Good to know
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or another starting point) to Husafell
- During winter, always use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell
- Shuttle departures are available from Husafell at 10:00, 12:30 and 15:00 (1st of June- 15th of October)
- Specially modified glacier vehicles take you up to the ice tunnels and back, about 30 min. each way during summer and 75 min each way during winter
- Ice tunnel tour with guide for about an hour
- The tour is around 4 hours from Húsafell
- Please note that the duration of the tour may be longer than scheduled, depending on conditions on the glacier
What do I need to bring?
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland, it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden, so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
- Swimsuit and bathing towel if you chose to relax in the thermal pools at Húsafell.