Day Tour Into a Glacier
Get a feeling for the extremes of Icelandic nature on this day tour. You will have a unique experience walking inside a glacier tunnel and if you like you can take a dip in the geothermal pools at Húsafell. This is truly a day to remember.
- Walking inside a glacier
- Geothermal pool
You depart early from Reykjavík city and get the crisp morning view of the Langjökull Glacier, which is our destination. Langjökull is 953 sq/km, making it the second largest glacier in the country.
Dates & prices
Departures: All year, daily
Tour duration: 11 hours
Price per person: ISK 29.990
Teenagers (12 – 15 YRS): ISK 14.995
Infant (0 – 11 YRS): Free
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Free tour pick up from your accommodation in Reykjavík
- 1 hour guided Ice Cave tour with necessary safety equipment
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjökull Glacier.
- Admission to the thermal pools in Húsafell.
Earphones for in bus audio guide can also be rented for ISK 1.000
Good to know
- What do I need to bring?
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland, it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden, so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- Swimsuit and bathing towel if you chose to relax in the thermal pools at Húsafell.