Day Tour Northern Lights Hunt from Akureyri
Escape the light pollution of the city and go with us outside Akureyri to see the amazing Northern lights.
- Experience the Arctic night
- Hunt for Northern Lights
- On moonlit evenings fantastic view of winter landscapes
Please note: As Aurora Borealis is a natural phenomenon the sightings are not guaranteed every evening. In the case of no northern lights, customers are offered a complimentary second departure the following evening.
Dates & prices
Departures : 22:00
September – mid April
Tour Duration: 2½-3 hours (evening tour)
Prices from: ISK 10.900
Included: Jeep transportation and guidance, and a hot drink
Good to know
- The Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis can be visible on a clear winter night and will light up the sky with green colour, often with touches of pink around the edges and occasionally a deep violet centre. This often dramatic display is caused by the collision of charged particles from the sun with the Earth’s magnetic field.
We will drive into the countryside well away from the city lights in search of the Aurora Borealis. The route we take may depend on the weather and road conditions each time.
- We recommend warm clothes, cap and gloves for this trip.
- For the Northern lights forecast, please check this site for daily reports: http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/aurora/