Everyone dreams of flying, now it’s the time to make it happen with a tandem paragliding flight in the South of Iceland, one of the most magically beautiful spots on earth.
- Paragliding with qualified pilots
- Stunning birds-eye views
This tour will take you up high above the village in Vik in South Iceland and you will be able to experience free flight with a tandem instructor and admire the magnificent views below and all around you.
All our pilots are APPI qualified, very experienced and great fun to be around with. The adventure begins with a ride from the meeting point to one of our nearby take-off locations in Vik. Once we get up on the hill we’ll go through all the safety instructions and checks. We will explain everything about the flight, and you can ask as many questions as you want, it’s always best to be prepared. There’s no need to have any previous experience in flying, or any sports at all. All you have to do is follow our instructions, there will be no jumping off cliffs, just run a few steps down a gentle slope when we tell you to, and you’ll be up in the air and having a great time.
Tour duration: 10-15 mins on average for the flight, but allow about 1-2 hrs for the whole tour
Departures and prices:
Daily from May to September
Price per person: ISK 35.000
Included in the price:
- All flying equipment
- A safety helmet
- A ride from the meeting point to the take off location and back to the meeting point after landing
What do I need to bring?
- Closed shoes, preferably hiking boots
- Warm clothes, it is colder in the air than on the ground
- A thin hat to fit under your helmet
- Your smile and a positive attitude
- The average duration of the flight is around 10-15 minutes (air time)
- Allow 1.5-2 hours for the whole tour incl. driving to take off, safety instructions and checks, time waiting for the right conditions etc.
- Allow some flexibility in your schedule as we might need to change your departure time due to the weather conditions
- There are no age restrictions, only a weight (min 25 – max 130) limit due to the safety certification of our flying equipment.
- For young children, there is minimum weight (25kg) – and of course the desire for adventure!
- This tour starts in Vík, Iceland.