Day Tour Snorkeling in Silfra at Thingvellir
Free underwater photos
Go snorkeling at one of Iceland’s most historic sites in some of the clearest water in the world!
- Snorkeling in extremely clear water
- Beautiful surroundings of Thingvellir UNESCO World Heritage site
Snorkeling in Silfra is a transcontinental once-in-a-lifetime experience. We will show you what National Geographic has described as one of the top dive sites in the world in the historically rich Thingvellir National Park – part of the famous Golden Circle route. You’ll find out for yourself as you glide between tectonic plates floating on pure, filtered glacial meltwater and tick off your bucket list the ultimate tour on breathtaking underwater views and only available in Iceland in the world’s clearest waters. And receive GoPro photos for free afterwards.
Dates & prices
Daily, all year.
Duration: 3 hours
Price per person from: from ISK 19.900
- guided snorkeling trip
- all necessary snorkeling equipment
- hot drinks and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- entrance fee of ISK 1.500,- into Silfra
What do I need to bring?
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- Transportation to and from Silfra in Thingvellir National Park is not included
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement
- have our Snorkeling Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older
- sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- be at minimum 150cm tall / maximum 200cm tall
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- be minimum 12 years of age on the year
- be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant