Go snorkeling at one of Iceland’s most historic sites in some of the clearest water in the world!
- Snorkeling in extremely clear water
- Beautiful surroundings of Thingvellir UNESCO World Heritage site
Silfra is a fissure between the North American and Eurasian continental plates. Silfra constantly fills with glacial water that has been trickling through underground lava rock for 30 years. This remarkable crack between two tectonic plates is therefore filled with the clearest water on our planet, allowing for over 100 meters visibility.
On the snorkeling tour we will dress you in a dry suit and guide you through the four parts of the Silfra fissure. Floating through Silfra’s crystal clear water is an otherworldly experience; the near-freezing water, astonishing colors, and sensations of flying provide a very unique environment for liquid meditation that you will never forget.
Dates & prices
Daily, all year.
Duration: 2,5 hours
Price per person from: ISK 13.500
- guided snorkeling trip
- all necessary snorkeling equipment
- hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- entrance fee of ISK 1.500,- into Silfra
What do I need to bring?
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- Transportation to and from Silfra in Thingvellir National Park is not included, you need have your own vehicle to get there. If you need pick-up, please see here.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement
- have our Snorkeling Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older
- sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- be at minimum 150cm tall / maximum 200cm tall
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- be minimum 14 years of age on the year
- be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant