South Coast Adventure
Have an adventure in the South of Iceland on this day trip to some of Iceland’s most renowned places.
- Skógar museum
- Vík village
- Bird cliffs
- Glacier views
- Small group
Pick up from your accommodation between 08:30 – 09:00.
The South Coast of Iceland has so much to offer and to be seen. This part of the country is very rich in magnificent and diverse landscapes, ranging from vast farmlands, active volcanoes, many ice caps, glacier outlets and Glacier Rivers, amazing waterfalls, vast black sandy plains and beaches of black and fascinating basalt rock formations. The area is also renowned for its abundant bird life.
- Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss, both of them are amazingly beautiful waterfalls that receive their water directly from Eyjafjallajokull glacier that sits on top of the volcano of the same name that erupted in 2010 and caused trouble to the air traffic in Europe at that time.
- Reynisfjara black sandy beach. There, you discover some fantastic basalt rock formations(columnar basalt) and the black volcanic sand. During the summer season(from May to end of August) puffins can be seen on top of the cliffs in the area. That is one of their main breeding areas in Iceland
- Vik village where you have enough time to enjoy a lunch break. There, you can also visit the local wool factory before starting our drive back to Reykjavik.
- Sólheimajökull and outlet (snout) originating from Mýrdalsjokull, Iceland´s fourth largest glacier. There, we go for a short walk to get closer to the glacier. This is one of the best examples of how fast glaciers melt due to global warming (climate change)
Dates & prices
Departures: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
Tour Duration: 8-9 hrs.
Price per person: ISK 13.500
Children (2 – 12 YRS): ISK 6.750
Infant (0 – 2 YRS): Free
- Bus and guide
- Entrance to the Skógar museum
Good to know
- Small groups
- In central Reykjavik, it is prohibited to drive buses. Here is the link to map of the restricted zone with bus stops where you should wait for pick up if your hotel is within the restricted area.