Day Tour South Coast & Katla Natural Ice Cave
Here´s a packed daytour: the waterfalls a visit to the Katla ice cave with a super jeep transfer.
- Katla Ice Cave
After you are picked up the adventure is ready to start!
We will be driving on road number 1, but will soon turn to no-man´s-land! You will be amazed as we drive by the mountains and glaciers all around us.
You will be taken up to the base of Kötlujökull glacier, where the view in front of you will be simply breathtaking: layers of different colored ice creating a striped pattern on the glacier will reveal thousands of years of history right before your eyes!
Your knowledgeable guide will tell you all about it and about the Ice Cave itself that you will visit shortly afterwards a small hike. This will be a both educating and exciting experience all at once!
On the way back to the capital, we will stop by the waterfalls Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss. Skógafoss is located in the beautiful Skógar area and is also the inspiration to dozens of folklore tales. We will also stop at the stunning Seljalandsfoss waterfall, on the Seljalands River which flows all the way down from the famous volcano, Eyjafjallajökull!
Where we will stop during the tour:
- Katla Ice Cave
- Plus additional comfort stops
Dates & prices
Departures: Daily, all year.
Tour Duration: 11 hrs.
Price per person: ISK 24.990
Teenagers (6 -15 YRS): ISK 18.790
- Transfer from Reykjavík
- Super Jeep Ride
- Visit to a Natural Ice Cave
- Crampons for Walking on Ice
- All Required Safety Equipment
- English Speaking Licensed Adventure Guide
What do I need to bring?
- Remember to dress according to weather
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are recommended
- Good to bring thermal layers, a winter hat, scarf, gloves and wearing warm sock for colder days