Day Tour South Coast Classic
The south coast of Iceland is a treasure chest of natural beauty with waterfalls, black sane beaches, volcanoes and glaciers. This tour offer audio guide in 10 different languages and takes you to all the highlights of the south coast!
- Vík village
- Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Glacier views
Drive along southwestern stretch of the ring road leading from Reykjavík along volcanoes, waterfalls, and glaciers to the black sand beach and Iceland’s southern most town, Vík. The tour starts with a drive through the Hellisheiði mountain pass bringing you through moss covered lava fields and past geothermal springs down to farmland along the coastline.
On clear days, Hekla, the infamous Eyjafjalljökull volcanoes along with the Westman-Islands can be seen rising in the distance as you approach the Sólheimajökull Glacier, a photographers delight and the first stop on the tour. The next destination is the otherworldly black beach known as Reynisfjara where the waves of the Atlantic Ocean crash upon the black sands from which the seemingly man-made hexagonal basalt columns rise to cliffs filled with nesting sea birds. After taking in your fill of the amazing geological formations, the tour will continue onto the small village of Vík with a church upon a hill overlooking three volcanic stone columns, said to be trolls turned to stone along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean.
After Vík, the trip back towards Reykjavík will take you to the powerful Skógafoss waterfall where a short walk up a flight of stairs will reveal one of Iceland´s most scenic views. From here we will head to the final stop, the 60 meter high Seljalandsfoss waterfall, famous for the hidden pathway leading behind and around this stunning sight. With some luck and sunny weather conditions, rainbows may add to the spectacular experience at each waterfall.
Visiting the natural treasures of the south coast should be at the top of your Iceland list.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS synced Audio Guide, available with a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
Pro Tip: You can rent warm and waterproof jacket and/or winter boots in the online check out if you did not come prepared for Icelandic winter.
Dates & prices
Departures: Daily, all year
Tour Duration: 11 hrs.
Price per person: ISK 12.950
Teenagers (12 – 15 YRS): ISK 6.475
Children (0 – 11 YRS): Free
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
Good to know
- Accessible for those with limited mobility
- Infant seats available
- Pick-up and Drop-off at hotel can be booked as an extra service with our SmartBus™ service. Otherwise you are advised to be at our Reykjavik Terminal 15 minutes before the tour departure time.
What you should bring:
- For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
- For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.