Day Tour The Lava Tunnel Cave
Visit the lava tunnel Raufarhólshellir just 30 minutes from Reykjavík. It is one of the longest and best-known lava tubes in Iceland!
- Explore a lava tube cave
- Close to Reykjavik
- Accessible and family friendly
This tour allows you to explore the tunnel in an easy and enjoyable manner.The tunnel is covered in large rocks and difficult to pass. That is why paths and a footbridge have been constructed so it is easily accessible when doing the Lava Tunnel Tour. Impressive lighting in this part of the tunnel highlights the changing colors and clearly shows the powerful seismic activity that formed the tunnel.
Dates & prices
Daily, every hour on the hour from 9am to 5 pm, all year.
Duration: 1 hour
Price per person: ISK 6.900
Teenagers (12 – 15 YRS): ISK 3.450
Children (0 -11 YRS): Free
- Guided tour in English
- Crampons (if needed) and helmet
What do I need to bring?
- We recommend that you bring warm clothing as well as sturdy shoes!
- Fitness level needed – This tour is suitable for most people, but we do not recommend the tour for those that have difficulties with balance, difficulties walking on uneven surfaces (such as snow) or difficulties walking up or down steep stairs.
- Please note that this tour does not include transportation to and from Reykjavik. For the same tour including transportation, please see here.