Day Tour to Kallur Lighthouse
Enjoy the fantastic nature that surrounds the village Trøllanes, and the beautiful hike to the famous lighthouse, Kallurin. Arriving in Trøllanes, you are greeted by the local guide, and he will take you safely to the lighthouse and tell you stories, as you go. At the lighthouse you will see the “Hag and the Giant”, the village Gjógv, the islands Kunoy & Viđoy. Simply amazing.
- Trøllanes village
- Kallurin lighthouse
- Stunning surroundings and views
The day begins in the town of Klaksvík, which is the second biggest town in the Faroe Islands. In Klaksvík, you will take the ferry Sam to the island of Kalsoy. Arriving in the village Syđradalur on Kalsoy, you can take the public bus or drive yourself to the northernmost village, Trøllanes. Arriving at Trøllanes, the local guide greets you and the approx 1 hour hike to the lighthouse begins. Being a local, the guide knows many stories about the surroundings, and he is happy to share his knowledge with you, while he safely guides you to the lighthouse. Arriving at the lighthouse, you have some time to walk around by yourself, take pictures and enjoy all the nature and wildlife that surrounds you. When ready, you head back to the village, and the tour guide and you say goodbye to each other. Depending on how fast you walk, usually there is time to visit the village Mikladalur, which is right next to Trøllanes, and see the spectacular statue “seal woman” before the ferry leaves back to Klaksvík.
Departures and prices
Summer (1 May – 31 Aug) – Depart on the ferry (Klaksvík ->Kalsoy) 14.50
Winter (1 Sept – 30 April) – Depart on the ferry (Klaksvík ->Kalsoy) 10.00am and (Kalsoy->Klaksvík) Monday to Friday 15.50 (Weekends 14.20)
Duration: 3 hours
Price per person:
Adults from: DKK 795
Children (0 – 12 YRS): DKK 395
- Local Guide
- Environmental Management Charge – “Hiking fee”
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Klaksvík ferry ticket to/from Kalsoy, which can paid on the spot
What do I need to bring?
- Hiking shoes
- Warm, Waterproof clothes
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- If you have a rental car, you can drive to Klaksvík and take the car on the ferry, and then drive to the village of Trollanes. Please see the detailed itinerary here.
- If you do not have a car, you need to take the bus to Klaksvík and also to the village of Trollanes. Please see the detailed itinerary here. For information on public transportation, please visit www.SSL.fo