Iceland´s largest lave tube cave has never been more accessible! We finally found time to get out of the office and try it ourselves and we just loved it. We’re pretty sure you will too! Join a guided tour through the lava tube along a walkway with lighting in selected places to show you all the rock formations and amazing colours that were lost in the dark before.
- Iceland’s largest lava cave
- Family friendly
- Great for kids
- Amazing colors and rock formations
Vidgelmir cave offers it’s visitors an unforgettable experience, as it is very diverse and Iceland’s largest as well at just under 1.600 meters long (5.250ft.). With the newly installed walkway and feature lighting, the tour is a family friendly tour for adventurers of all ages. What makes the cave so stunning is the colours and rock formations that used to be hidden in the dark, but can now be enjoyed thanks to fixed lighting in selected locations.
Dates & prices
Departures: All year, daily
Tour duration: 1,5 hours
Price per person: ISK 6.500
Youth (12 – 15 YRS): ISK 3.500
Children (0 – 11 YRS): Free
- Professional guide
- Helmet and Headlamps
Good to know
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or another starting point) to Husafell and onwards to Vidgelmir cave (aprox. 60 KM/40mi) from Husafell
- During winter, always use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell
- Pick-up at Húsafell Bistro is available for every tour for ISK 2.500 per person
- Guests are required to show up 15 minute prior to tour departure
What do I need to bring?
- The temperatures in the cave are quite low, so bring warm clothes, and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended and also a hat with no brim
- Bring a camera and your best smile!