Join us on board, and let’s go searching for some of the largest sea mammals in the world as we go whale watching in Reykjavik
- Whales and dolphins
- Old harbour of Reykjavik
- Sailing on the Atlantic
- Puffins in the summertime
- Various seabirds
- View of Reykjavik from the sea
The tour commences at our ticket office in the Old Harbour in downtown Reykjavik where you can exchange your pre-paid voucher for admission tickets. Merely steps away you will find our Visitor Centre, facilitated on board a converted fishing vessel permanently placed by the pier, which is where you will meet our crew for the day. Before (or after) the tour you can stroll through our souvenir shop, have a drink at the Whale Café or enjoy the onboard whale exhibition located in the hull of the boat. The show includes multimedia images and videos of whales as well as fun facts about the cetaceans and other marine animals we are likely to come across on the tour. From that point, you will be shown to our whale watching vessel where the journey takes place.
Once on board the tour boat, you will find several outdoor viewing platforms, a large indoor saloon with an onboard café where you can buy light refreshments, basic bathroom facilities and a cloakroom where you can borrow one of our blankets or overalls on colder days. You can either stay outside in the fresh air, but you are also welcome to stay inside the heated lounge and observe the views from within, through our large panoramic windows. One of our excellent guides will commentate on the sights and views at hand through the intercom system on board and will be available to you and happy to answer any questions you may have throughout the tour.
Please be aware that the tours are run in wild nature and we can never guarantee sightings on a particular trip. The estimated duration of tours are standard times and can change according to conditions at sea. Although our success rate is high, the cetacean abundance is unpredictable and varies with the food availability of our shores.
Dates & prices
Departures: all year
|Jan & Dec||Mar||Apr||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sept||Oct||Nov & Feb|
Price per person: ISK. 10.990
Children 7-15 years: ISK 5.495
Children 0-6 years: Free
Hotel pick up adult: ISK 2.200
Hotel pick up children: ISK 1.100
Good to know
- Free access to the Elding-Whale Watching Centre
Café on board the boats.
- Warm overalls/raincoats can be provided free of charge.
- Please note that the tour is run in wild nature and we can not control what or when we spot the animals. The staff on board will do their best and use the expertise in the area, but there is no guarantee and we do not refund the ticket price due to no sighting. However, passengers will be offered an additional complimentary tour if there are no sightings on the tour (complimentary tickets are only valid for return passengers).