Day Tour in Husavik – Whales, Sails and Science
Join Ocean Missions on this fascinating citizen-science tour where you get to participate in ocean research, micro-plastic analysis and gain a deeper insight into marine conservation and the life of whales and birds in Skjálfandi Bay.
- Whales and birds in their natural surroundings
- Science, education and adventures tour
- The Skjálfandaflói Bay and mountain views
Our wooden sailboats are the perfect way to glide through the ocean surface. With favorable winds, there is nothing like moving onwards only by the power of nature. During the tour, you will learn about the traditional way of sailing from our experienced crew and get hands-on experience hoisting the sails.
By joining this tour, 15% of your ticket price is directly contributed to Ocean Missions non-profit organisation founded and based in Húsavík, Iceland. Ocean Missions works primarily on ocean conservation, research and education, and your contribution will benefit their many inspiring research and science-related projects.
Dates & prices
Tour duration: 3,5 hour boat tour
Departures: Every Thursday at 15:00 from June – August. Please see the booking engine for departure times on your preferred date.
Price per person: ISK 12.690
Children 7 -15 years: ISK 4.300
Children under 7 years: free
- Whale watching
- Manta trawling
- Traditional sailing
- Microplastic analysis
- Refreshments: hot chocolate and cinnamon buns
- Expert whale watching guide
- Marine research expert.
- Warm overalls and raincoats available free of charge
Good to know
- Tours are dependent on weather and sea conditions. For your safety and comfort, the tour operators reserve the right to change or cancel departures, even with short notice, should weather or other conditions change. In case of cancellations due to weather, customers receive a full refund or can change their departure depending on availability.