Wonders of Snæfellsnes Peninsula
Spend the day in Snæfellsnes National Park, often described as “Iceland in Miniature” for its diverse scenery. You´ll see the mossy Berserkjahraun and visit the fishing village of Grundarfjörður where the remarkable Kirkjufell mountain rises from the green hills, surrounded by the sea on most sides.
- Journey across striking landscapes on Snæfellsnes peninsula
- The magnificence of Snæfellsjökull volcano
- The idyllic fishing village of Arnarstapi
- The tranquil, black-pebbled beach of Djúpalónssandur
- Grundarfjörður and the picturesque Kirkjufell mountain
- A rich heritage and fascinating history
The Snæfellsnes peninsula in West Iceland is almost a miniature version of the island. In addition to its characteristic Snæfellsjökull glacier, there are black sandy beaches, bird cliffs, spectacular mountains and volcanic craters. On this tour, we will, for example, stop at the small fishing village Arnarstapi, the ancient fishing village Hellnar, visit Djúpalónssandur beach and the iconic Kirkjufell mountain.
The stunning landscape of the peninsula has captured the imagination of people all over the world, ever since Jules Verne wrote the famous science fiction novel “Journey to the Centre of the Earth” but the journey begins at Snæfellsjökull glacier.
Dates & prices
Tour Duration: approx. 11 hours
Price per adult: ISK 18.900,
Youth 12 – 15 years: ISK 14.175,-
Child 8 – 11 years: ISK 9.450,-
Included: Transportation and guidance, free pick up at your accommodation
Good to know
- Local guide
- Remember to dress warmly.
- Pick up at hotels/guesthouses starts at 09:00