Whale Watching and puffins from Húsavík
Combine whale watching and puffin watching on this wildlife adventure. You not only get to see the whales in their natural habitat, you also get to see the puffins nesting, flying around and diving for food. A great choice for families with kids!
- Whales in their natural surroundings
- Húsavík town with its charming harbour
- Puffin Island
- The Skjálfandaflói Bay and mountain views
We start the tour by sailing to Puffin Island, located only a short distance out of Husavik. There we will spend some time with the Puffins while sailing around this beautiful and lively Island. Next, we will head out to the whale watching area and spend the rest of the tour with the whales. On the way back our crew will give you some hot chocolate and cinnamon buns to round up the tour.
Húsavík is about an hour from Akureyri, so if you don´t have a car, you can take public bus no. 79 (for schedules and prices, check out www.straeto.is).
Dates & prices
Tour duration: 3,5 hour boat tour
Departures: Daily with several departures from 16 April – 19 August. Please see the booking engine for departure times on your preferred date.
Price per person: ISK 14.990
Children 7 -15 years: ISK 7.500
Children under 7 years: free
Tour fact sheet
- Refreshments: hot chocolate and cinnamon buns
- Expert whale watching guide
- Warm overalls and raincoats available free of charge
Good to know
- Tours are dependent on weather and sea conditions. For your safety and comfort, the tour operators reserve the right to change or cancel departures, even with short notice, should weather or other conditions change. In case of cancellations due to weather, customers receive a full refund or can change their departure depending on availability.
- Did you know that the Puffin Island is the home of over 200.000 puffins that spend the summer there nesting? The puffins arrive in the middle of April every year and leave at the end of August. It is also an interesting fact that 60% of the world’s puffins breed in Iceland, so you are in the right place for seeing these funny little birds.