Day Tour Whale Watching and Sea Angling from Hauganes
Hauganes is a typical small fishing village about 30 km north of Akureyri. The whales are usually very close to land so a tour from here offers more time with the whales. In addition, those who want can do some fishing at the end of the tour – and keep the catch!
- whales and dolphins in their natural surroundings
- Sea angling
- nature of Eyjafjörður, the longest fjord of Iceland
- Sailing on a traditional fishing boat
- Fishing villages of Eyjafjörður
- View of Hrísey Island
Humpbacks, minke whales, dolphins and porpoises are commonly spotted during these popular tours. To ensure that the animals are not disturbed by our presence, we sail at a constant speed towards the whales’ habitat. As a result, a variety of species, from Humpback whales, Minke whale to Harbour porpoises, often surface within a few feet of the boat. On occasion and with some luck, you might even see a glimpse of a Blue whale or a Killer whale!
Eyjafjörður is abundant in different species of fish. Fishing rods will be available on the boat for those who wish to try a little bit of sea angling. The captain on each tour is a season fisherman who spends his winters fishing in the same waters, so you will be in very good hands with the locals.
Tour duration: 2,5 hours
Dates & prices
Daily from 1. May to 10. November
For full details, find your date in the booking area and see all available departure times!
Price per person: ISK 9.900
Children 7 -15 years: ISK 4.995
Included in the price:
- 2,5 hour tour
- Warm safety clothing
- Coffee and pastries
- Sea angling / deep sea fishing equipment
Good to know
- Bring warm clothes and closed shoes.
- Transfers to/from Hauganes not included. The local schedule bus does not go into the village of Hauganes so this option is suitable for self-drive travellers.
- Tours are dependent on weather and sea conditions. For your safety and comfort, the tour operators reserve the right to change or cancel departures, even with short notice, should weather or other conditions change. In case of cancellations due to weather, customers receive a full refund or can change their departure depending on availability.